Town Sheriff’s Office Says Ft. Bragg Soldier Had “Weapon of Mass Destruction” … and he Raped and Kidnapped Too

Fort Bragg Soldier Charged With Sexual Assault at Harnett County Home

by Nancy McCleary
Fayetteville Observer, Sept. 18, 2012

LILLINGTON – A Fort Bragg soldier is accused of sexually assaulting someone at his home in August, Harnett County authorities said.

Matthew Browning Jenkins, 35, of the 100 block of Century Drive in Cameron, was charged Thursday with two counts of possessing a weapon of mass destruction and one count each of second-degree rape, second-degree sex offense and first-degree kidnapping, according to a Sheriff’s Office report.

Jenkins’ rank and unit were not available.

The assault happened Aug. 26, the report said.

Bail information was not immediately available.

Read this story at its source:

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2012/09/17/1204201?sac=fo.local

One Person Dead From Self-Inflicted Gunshot to Head While at Base Golf Course, Camp Pendleton Officials Say

MILITARY: Self-Inflicted Gunshot Death Reported at Camp Pendleton

by Mark Walker
North County Times, Sept. 11, 2012

Camp Pendleton authorities say someone shot themselves to death at the base golf course Tuesday morning.

A base spokesman said authorities were called to the Marine Memorial Golf Course regarding some kind of incident involving an individual, who later committed suicide.

Authorities received the first call at about 9:35 a.m. The shooting apparently took place a short time later.

The base spokesman said the victim was not an active-duty member of the military but that he could not provide an approximate age or gender.

The individual was pronounced dead by base emergency medical workers at 10:35 a.m.

The incident is being probed by the Naval Criminal Investigative Services, a civilian law enforcement agency that investigates crimes and related incidents involving Navy and Marine Corps bases and troops.

The golf course and its facilities are closed until further notice, the base said.

Read this story at its source:

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/military/military-self-inflicted-gunshot-death-reported-at-camp-pendleton/article_96d19920-b4ee-5762-990d-0d2df66d187a.html

UNDER INVESTIGATION: Fort Lee Officials Won’t Discuss Four Deaths Suspected as Sucides

Four possible Suicides at Fort Lee Under Investigation

by F.M. Wiggins
Progress-Index.com, Sept. 3, 2012

FORT LEE – Fort Lee could have twice the number of suicides this year compared to last year, according to Department of the Army statistics.

Already this year the post has had four potential suicides – double the number in 2011. Whether or not the deaths of the soldiers were suicides is still under investigation.

Fort Lee soldiers attend memorial services for Spc. David E. Vines, 21, of Beaumont, Texas, July 20, 2012. Vines died July 16 inside his barracks. He is among four soldiers from Fort Lee to die recently of suspected suicides. Officials won’t talk about any of the deaths or release details. (DoD)

In July, two Fort Lee soldiers, Pvt. David E. Vines, 21, of Beaumont, Texas, and 2nd Lt. James Cho, died in the same week – Vines on July 16 and Cho on July 18. Their deaths are still under investigation and officials on post have not said whether the men killed themselves.

Fort Lee officials would not comment on when each of the four potential suicides occurred this year and referred inquiries to the Department of the Army.

The Department of the Army also would not say when they occurred, citing privacy concerns.

Read the rest of this story:

http://progress-index.com/news/four-possible-suicides-at-fort-lee-under-investigation-1.1367160

Watch a related TV news report on Fort Lee officer who killed himself:

http://wtvr.com/2012/07/23/gun-range-owner-haunted-by-suicide-on-premises-last-week/

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 135 other followers